
I can't believe July is over. Usually when August gets here the rest of summer just flies by. I had a little mini panic attack on the 31st until I remembered that school doesn't start until after labor day. I feel better knowing that we still have a whole month to enjoy lounging around, running through sprinklers, eating snowcones, and later bedtimes. Oh summer how I love thee! We started out July with our annual 4th of July get together. We picnicked and rode our bikes to the high school to enjoy the fireworks display that Twin puts on. The kids ran around playing games and had a wonderful time watching the fireworks with their little cousins. On the 6th was Karl's birthday. I love when it's his birthday because then we are the same age for about 4 months and he can't give me a hard time about being older then him and not being a "spring chicken" for at least a little while. We had a special family night on his birthday and then a birthday bbq that weekend. On the 9th our family went and did Art in the Park. Kaden was able to pick 3 different types of art to try. He chose Origami, totem pole design, and rock pendants and had a great time. Kaden is an amazing artist! He started really drawing a couple years ago and does an amazing job. Keegan was able to participate in the younger group which painted, made puppets, and also drew pictures. Art with Keegan is fun but oh so messy! What a great day we had! The 4th week in July was Karl's family's reunion in Crouch. Karl's siblings came with all of their families. We stayed in these amazing cabins that his parents had rented for us. As always we had many fun activities planned for us, horseback riding, whitewater rafting, and an amazing carnival (thanks so much Nathan & Laura), among many other fun activities. We had a wonderful time and are so grateful that we have a grandma and grandpa that put out so much effort to create such amazing memories for our family. The following week Karl repacked his bag and left for High Adventure Camp. I know that he is excited about his new calling but boy is he going to miss being a part of the scout program. When he came home we headed to Boise for a fun little family weekend. Needless to say at the end of the month we came home to a broken washing machine with piles of dirty laundry, long grass, and a number of other neglected things but with smiles and fond memories!
1 comment:
LOL that is so funny you teases you about being an old lady when your only a couple of month older than him :)but that's Karl :)
Looks like you have been having so much fun this summer
but I so agree with you summer don't go away!!
Post a Comment