Sunday, November 2, 2008
Halloween fun
I love Halloween but boy am I glad that it's over. It has been a crazy last week! Wednesday I spent the day in the kitchen baking cookies for Kaden's class Halloween party at school the next day and then a threw together some pumpkin bars to take to my parents house for dinner that night. The next morning I had to wake up early and decorate the cookies I'd made the day before, be to the school at 10:00 to help out with reading in Kaden's class. I then was back to the school at 1:00 to help with Kaden's class party. Later that night we had our annual family harvest party at our house and carved 6 pumpkins, you heard me right 6 pumpkins (well, Karl really carved 5 1/2 of them). It was so much fun, but Keegs kept trying to eat the pumpkin guts. It was gross! He would take a little taste and then shudder, take another taste and then shudder again. The next day was Halloween and I had to make another pan of pumpkin bars for a work potluck, go trick-or-treating and then head off to work for the next two nights, came home and then Karl left to go hunting for the next 2 days. It was crazy!! I was just lucky that Karl took some time off and became my little errand boy! Thanks honey!! At the end of the week Karl says "I think that sometimes you go a little overboard with holidays!" Maybe next year I'll cut down on the baking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't seem to have that baking problem. I am so bad it that nobody asks me to do it again the next year. Problem Solved:) Okay- I'll be honest- I would love for my cookies not to look as if they've been run over :(
I saw Kaden at the school parade, he looked cute!!! Sounds like you have been busy!!! Your pumpkins were very cute, Kendra kept talking about them. love how Keegan tried to eat the pumpkin guts and then shudder, too cute!!!
Post a Comment