Saturday, September 3, 2011

August

I am so sad that the end of summer is here. It feels like it just flew by. We had a very fun summer, probably one of our busiest yet. We didn't do alot of big traveling plans this summer but alot of smaller trips, it felt like we were never home. August started out with Keegan's first swimming lessons. He had a great time and was really excited that he got to jump off of the diving board. Keegan is alot like Kaden, they both are fearless. They don't hold back when it comes to adventure. On the 7th was Keegan's fourth birthday. I can't believe that little Keeger is four! It's crazy to think that in one more year he will be in Kindergarten. This month we had 3 little birthdays in our family. I love birthdays! I hope my kids look back when their older and remember how special they felt on their birthdays because we really try to make the day all about them. Between Boise trips and cabin trips we felt like for awhile we were living out of our car! On the 31st Kaden had his open house at his new school. We took his supplies and tried to help him get oriented were everthing is in the school. He was super excited because his teacher has over 1,000 books in her classroom library including some of his favorites. From there we headed straight to his first soccer practice. This year he is playing for a soccer team that practices twice a week and then plays in tournaments. So, no more weekly games for us. Koltie this month is climbing all over the place, repeating alot of words, and getting cuter every day. He is such a smiley happy little boy and is really in love with his dad right now. Every little sound that he hears all day long he asks "daddy?" As soon as dad walks in the door "DADDY!" and he runs over to be scooped up. I forgot how much I loved this stage. Our family is sad to see Summer slipping away but we have great anticipation and excitement for the school year to come!

1 comment:

Nalder family said...

I love your swimming pictures!! Expecially the one of Keegan jumping off the diving board!! That kid is fearless!!